A cross cake is a type of cake that is shaped like a cross. There are many different ways to make a cross cake, but the most common way is to use two rectangular cakes and two round cakes. To make a cross cake, first bake two rectangular cakes and two round cakes.
Then, cut the rectangular cakes in half lengthwise and stack them on top of each other to form a cross shape. Next, cut the round cakes in half and place them on the ends of the crossed rectangles to form a complete cross shape. Finally, decorate the cake as desired.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Next, you will want to line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the dry ingredients which include: 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- set this mixture aside for now
- in another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients which are: 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (melted and cooled), 2/3 cup of granulated sugar, 2 large eggs (at room temperature), 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup of sour cream (also at room temperature)
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient bowl until everything is combined
- be careful not to overmix! 6 6
- Pour half of the batter into your prepared pan, then sprinkle on some chocolate chips evenly across the top
- i used about 1/3 cup but you can use more or less depending on your preference! pour the remaining batter on top and spread it out until it covers the chocolate chips
- again, be careful not to overmix! 7 7
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake
- Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving!
How Many Cupcakes Do I Need to Make a Cross?
If you’re looking to make a cross out of cupcakes, you’ll need at least 12 cupcakes. To start, arrange 6 cupcakes in a row, with 3 more rows above and below the first row. Then, take 2 cupcakes and place them on top of the center cupcake in the middle row – this will be the crossbeam of your cross.
Finally, use 4 more cupcakes to fill in the rest of the spaces around the edge – 2 on each side of the vertical beam, and 1 on each end of the horizontal beam. And that’s it – you now have a delicious (and religious) treat!
How Many Does a Cross Cake Feed?
A cross cake can feed anywhere from 8 to 16 people, depending on how big or small you cut the slices. If you’re serving a crowd, it’s best to err on the side of caution and make a larger cake.
How Many Cake Mixes for a Wilton Cross Cake Pan?
Assuming you are referring to the Wilton Cross Cake pan, according to the Wilton website, you would need 3 cake mixes for this cake pan.
Cross Cake Pan
A cross cake pan is a cake pan that is shaped like a cross. This type of cake pan is typically used to bake cakes for religious occasions, such as Easter or Christmas. Cross cake pans come in a variety of sizes and can be made from different materials, such as aluminum or stainless steel.
This blog post provides a step-by-step guide for how to make a cross cake. The ingredients needed are: 1 box white cake mix, 3 eggs, ⅓ cup oil, 1 cup water, and ½ cup flour. The first step is to combine the cake mix with the eggs, oil, and water.
Then fold in the flour until everything is well combined. Next, pour the batter into two greased and floured 9×13 inch pans. Bake the cakes at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow the cakes to cool before frosting them with your favorite frosting recipe.